In this challenge, a measuring tape will be used as a bridge to roll three ping-pong balls into three awaiting shot glasses. Too steep an angle, and the balls will fly past the target. The contestant must deposit a ball at distances of 5, 6, and 7 feet.
Transport ping-pong balls across an extended tape measure so they rest in shot glasses at varying distances.
This is a level 5 challenge in the United States and a level 6 challenge in Australia.
- Tape measure
- 3 Shot Glasses
- Ping-pong balls
- elevated surface(s) on which to place shot glasses (table, stool etc.)
Set each shot glass at different distances from player (5', 6', and 7') When the clock starts, player extends tape measure and grabs the first ping-pong ball.
1. Prior to game start, contestant must have both hands at sides.
2. Once game begins, contestant may extend tape measure and grab first ball.
3. Ping-pong balls must be transported one at a time along the tape measure.
4. Contestant may only use one hand to operate the tape measure while rolling a ball.
5. Balls must be rolled into the shot glasses using three different measurements in the following order: 5', 6' and 7'.
6. If contestant knocks over a shot glass, the game is over.
7. To complete the game, a ball must be in each of the three shot glasses and none may be in contact with the tape measure within the 60-second time limit.
Tips & Tricks
The real trick to this game is getting the right angle with the tape measure. If the ball rolls too quickly, it will fly past the shot glass. Practice different angles until you can consistently find the right one quickly.